I wanted to update you on the news last week about Pat Patterson (aka SuperPat) moving on from Sun and our search for a new community lead.

As you all now know, Pat has moved on from Sun and thus has stepped down as the OpenSSO community lead. I want to wish Pat the best of luck in his future endeavors. He is not only an icon among the OpenSSO world, but he is also a great friend. I jokingly told Pat on his last day that he is "now dead to me," but the truth is I will miss him dearly and look forward to pestering him lots in the future.

That said, I am very happy to announce that our new OpenSSO community lead is Hubert Le Van Gong. Hubert has a long history with OpenSSO. He is an identity architect at Sun with strong expertise in IdM protocols as well as RESTful web services. He started working with OpenSSO in the context of interoperability with the Microsoft-backed web services stack. True to Sun's tradition of eating its own dog food, he then helped deploy OpenSSO and its OpenID extension as an Identity Provider for Sun employees. More recently Hubert has been working on new OpenSSO extensions like OAuth and OpenID 2.0. Check out Hubert's blog to read about OpenSSO community activity and feel free to ping him via IRC. His IRC handle is hubertlvg.

In addition to Hubert, you can always contact me directly at daniel.raskin@sun.com or Jamie Nelson, the Director of OpenSSO Engineering, at jamie.nelson@sun.com. We are also on IRC and our handles are draskin and jamiefnelson, respectively.

Please join me in welcoming Hubert to his new role and start pinging away with questions!

More...