I have somehow managed to weasel been selected to speak at a few of the upcoming conferences this October. I will be presenting at the various conferences either on Performance tuning the MySQL server or on using EXPLAIN. I know... I know - they must be crazy to have picked me, but I am not crazy enough to turn down the opportunity.

I will be speaking at Codeworks -Miami (Sept 30 - Oct 1), the Zend PHP Conference (Oct 19 - 22) and the Florida Linux Show (Oct 24) so if you are attending or just in the area - be sure to find me for a chat. If you are at the Florida Linux Show I will be in the MySQL booth and should also have some goodies to hand out as well - thanks to the Community team... and who wouldn't want free swag...

It will be absolutely crazy for a bit (my husband will get to pretend he is single for a while) but I can't wait to see you there.

Guest post by Ligaya Turmelle, MySQL Support Engineer

More...