It was an extremely busy and tiresome week, but it was worth it. In five days, we had five events at five different universities/colleges. A real marathon that involved the collaboration of a great number of people and that will be described here in this post and in the next ones.

Before talking about the first event, here's a brief overview of what happened in Fortaleza between September 15 and 19: the Universidade de Fortaleza (Unifor), Falculdade Integrada do Ceará (FIC), Faculdade Christus and Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC) have hosted Software Freedom Day events with presentations about OpenSolaris and Ruby. The last (and bigger) event celebrated the 7th anniversary of CEJUG, the Java Users Group of Ceará, and had over 300 participants during all day.

SFD at Unifor (09.15)

The first Software Freedom Day event took place at Universidade de Fortaleza (Unifor). I gave a presentation about OpenSolaris and Hermínio (OSUM Leader of Faculdade Christus' group) talked about Ruby, JRuby and its integration with Netbeans.

The Unifor's OSUM Leader, Gregory Fontenele, had a crucial role in the organization process. He took care of issues like advertising the event (he talked about it with the Computer Science course principal, who helped sending some emails to the students), booking the auditorium and many other important details.

Take a look at some pictures of the event:

All the participants received OpenSolaris 2009.06 CDs. We also raffled some OSUM pens and wristbands and had a coffee break during the event.

Thanks to all who were present, and some special thanks to Gregory Fontenele, who made a great deal of effort for this event to happen.

The next posts will bring more information about the other SFD events we had last week. See you all soon!

More...