There's a lot of interest in creating GUI editors via the Visual Library. So I'm creating a small example that will show how to do that. The palette is filled with JavaBeans that are registered in the layer, meaning that the editor is extensible via the System FileSystem. When a palette item is dropped, a BeanNode wraps the JavaBean and displays its BeanInfo in the Property Sheet, where it can be edited and changes are applied immediately.
Other nice features such as scene serialization to/from XML, printing, and widget resizing are also supported.

I need to clean it up a bit and then it will be made available via Kenai, together with a tutorial in the usual place.

More...