Time: 2009.09.19 19:00-21:15

Place: 104, Mid-building, Mathematics and Computer Science College, Fuzhou University

Agenda:
18:40 ? 19:00 Play some movies, Chenxing Tang(Sun CA)
19:00 ? 19:20 Introduce Software Freedom Day, Chenxing Tang
19:20 ? 20:20 Introduce Sun and Open Source, Chenxing Tang
20:20 ? 20:40 Introduce Red-flag Linux, Jie Chen, (Manager from Red-Flag Linux Co.)
20:40 ? 20:50 Brief-Introduce Loongson Black Box, Wu Yun, (A Fan of Loongson)

20:50 ? 21:00 Introduce Experience, Sisi Zhong(Sun OSUM Leader)
21:00 ? 21:15 Discussion && QA, Chenxing Tang

Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). The goal of this celebration is to educate the worldwide public about of the benefits of using high quality FOSS in education, in government, at home, and in business -- in short, everywhere! Cooperate with FZU Computer Science Association and FZU ACM/ICPC Training Center, I held Software Freedom Day on 19 September 2009 in Fuzhou University.

H1N1 flu had been spread in some universities/colleges in my city, and other two SFD activities in Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University and Fujian Normal University were compelled to cancel by president of their university. And probably because of a big rainstorm before the tech-talk, unfortunately, the number of participants did not come up to our expectation. Finally, about 40 students with great interest in open source participated our activities.

More...