This is a discussion on Any mod_fcgid users out there? - Solaris Rss ; The last mod_fcgid release was in July 2007. Until this week, that is. mod_fcgid development has moved to the Apache Software Foundation as a subproject of Apache HTTP Server, and we recently released mod_fcgid 2.3.1 as a beta. You can ...
The last mod_fcgid release was in July 2007. Until this week, that is. mod_fcgid development has moved to the Apache Software Foundation as a subproject of Apache HTTP Server, and we recently released mod_fcgid 2.3.1 as a beta.
You can help ensure that mod_fcgid continues to meet your own needs by helping test the beta; it is also a great opportunity to help the community at large as you find, file, and/or fix bugs in the code or documentation.
Additional fixes made available after the 2.3.1 beta was packaged are available in Subversion. You can check out the absolute latest sources with the following command:
- The new mod_fcgid home page
- current open bugs
- beta download
- README-FCGID, with instructions for building and notes about cases where your existing configuration may be interpreted differently
- CHANGES-FCGID, listing changes since 2.2
$ svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk mod_fcgid remove Apache hat, put on Sun hat
We in the GlassFish Web Stack/OpenSolaris Web Stack development team would love to see a new GA release of mod_fcgid in time to include it in 1.6/2010.02, but the outlook for that is not yet clear.
Web Stack users can easily build the new mod_fcgid for Web Stack as follows:
The path to APXS will vary based on your platform and distribution:
- Unpack beta tarball or check out mod_fcgid from Subversion
- cd to the new mod_fcgid-2.3.1 or mod_fcgid directory
- Run these commands: $ APXS=/path/to/apxs ./configure.apxs $ make $ cp modules/fcgid/.libs/mod_fcgid.so /desired/location
- Edit the LoadModule directives in your mod_fcgid configuration file to point to the beta mod_fcgid.so.
Platform Install method APXS setting OpenSolaris native (IPS) APXS=/usr/bin/apxs Solaris 10 native packages (SVR4) APXS=/opt/webstack/apache2/2.2/bin/apxs Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 native packages (RPM) APXS=/opt/sun/webstack/apache2/2.2/bin/apxs Solaris 10 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 IPS APXS=/your/webstack/installroot/apache2/2.2/bin/apxs Be sure to skip the make install step and copy mod_fcgid.so to an appropriate location manually so that you don't overlay the product-delivered mod_fcgid.so.
If you have build problems, report it to the Web Stack team at
If you have operational or configuration problems, please discuss it (or file a bug) using the appropriate Apache HTTP Server venue.