I've been enlightened. A while ago - I just checked, it was actually 2006! - I read Cay's Elvis Meets GlassFishand I thought it was a cute reference toThe King.Then yesterday I noticed that Byron'sMort Learns Monitoring and Administration Commandsand I thought it was about Terri Prachett's Mort...

Well, turns out I was wrong and they are aboutMort, Elvis and Einstein,which arepersonasfor developer classes that were used at Microsoft (we had our own back in DevPro);check outWesner Moise's note,Nikhil Kothari's explanationandJeff Atwood's update...

So, now that I've been educated, check Byron's posts for Mort,the opportunistic developer:

Mort Learns JDBC
Mort learns JDBC Realm Authentication,
Mort learns Monitoring and Administration Commands

PS. Does anybody know where "Mort" comes from?The other two are clear, even to a guy that was not born in the US :-)

More...