Have you noticed the amount of stuff being thrown away recently in our Sun offices? Perfectly good materials such as binders, manila folders, pens, mouse pads, swag. The list goes on and on. You have probably seen the piles in your building. Once it leaves the office, you know where it goes....our landfills.

But what if we could change that? What if we could recycle what our colleagues leave for trash. Donate Sun swag to local nonprofits. Organize all the paper for recycling. Donate binders for school children to use. We need your help to do this!

A group of committed people at Sun are trying to make this happen. Working with Facilities, we are trying to make recycling easy at Sun's large campuses. Facilities will set out containers for employees to unload their office supplies. Volunteers will then sort through these items determining what is salvageable. This is where you come in! We are seeking volunteers in Burlington, Santa Clara, Menlo Park and Broomfield to help on a weekly basis to sort through the items. An hour a week will make a huge difference to our landfills as well as the not-for-profit beneficiaries that receive the goods.

If you are interested, please contact me. Unfortunately this opportunity is for the Sun workforce only. Just another way Sun is being a socially responsible company.

More...