I was asked by the Packt Publishing to review new book about Lightweight Toolkit for MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1. During those long nights when I reviewed the book I learned a lot about the LWUIT and had a lot of fun. For those who don't have any experience with LWUIT or would like to start an UI in Java ME it's recommended reading. The LWUIT gives you APIs that allows you to create nice UI. And with the Themes it is easy to change the look and feel of your application.

Table of Contents:
  • Chapter 1: Introduction to LWUIT
  • Chapter 2: Components
  • Chapter 3: The Container Family
  • Chapter 4: The Label Family
  • Chapter 5: List and ComboBox
  • Chapter 6: TextArea and TextField
  • Chapter 7: Arranging Widgets with Layout Managers
  • Chapter 8: Creating a Custom Component
  • Chapter 9: Resources Class, Resource File and LWUIT Designer
  • Chapter 10: Using Themes
  • Chapter 11: Adding Animations and Transitions
  • Chapter 12: PaintersChapter 13: Effects and Logging?Useful Utilities

Links:

More...