I've received yesterday some mails/tweets with hints to a "Thumper for poor" DIY chassis. Those mails asked me for an opinion towards this piece of hardware and if it's a competition to our X4500/X4540. Those questions arised after Robin Harris wrote his article "Cloud storage for $100 a terabyte", which referred to the company Backblaze, which constructed a storage server on its own and described it on their blog in the article "Petabytes on a budget: How to build cheap cloud storage". Sorry, that this article took so long and there may be a higher rate of typos, as my sinusitis came back with a vengeance ... right in the second week of my vacation. But now this rather long article is ready

Continue reading "Some perspective to this DIY storage server mentioned at Storagemojo"

More...