Toni and I are in Geneva, Switzerland, giving a NetBeans Platform Certified Training to Skyguide (responsible for software for Swiss air traffic control). One of the applications they're considering porting to the NetBeans Platform interacts via JMX.
So, to see how that would work on the NetBeans Platform, I created a small NetBeans Platform application that monitors the Anagram Game. Here's the JMX info in VisualVM:

And here it is displayed in my NetBeans Platform JMX client:

Whenever a correct anagram is entered, a JMX notification is received in my NetBeans Platform application, which updates the nodes in the explorer view. Code for the above will follow soon.

More...