A new company name Backblaze announced the petabyte storage pod:

http://blog.backblaze.com/2009/09/01...cloud-storage/

I'm curious as to WHY any data-security concious person should want to hand over petabytes of storage to a NON-ZFS based storage solution?

But, there's hope: You could run the solution, that Nexenta uses directly from the OpenSolaris download page, and use that instead. I did not try it, but to me it seems feasable.

I personally would not trust Linux with so much storage! Silent data corruption on such a box is a desater waiting to happen!

Matthias

More...