This is a discussion on September 2009 blog catch up - Solaris Rss ; Apologies to all my blog readers I've been lax of late and haven't posted a great deal recently, and I'm afraid that in an attempt to clear down all the draft blog entries I have prior to the transition and ...
Apologies to all my blog readers I've been lax of late and haven't posted a great deal recently, and I'm afraid that in an attempt to clear down all the draft blog entries I have prior to the transition and acquisition (of Sun by Oracle, of course) I'll be posting a number of blog entries in quick succession, some of which I expect may need expanding upon in the future.
Topics I have to complete include part three of my provisioning article series, a number of posts on Google and the Google architecture, a number of posts on UK Government messaging systems, specifically DIS, a number of posts on the continuing issues with the economy and innovation and science spending in the UK, as well as a few others.
On the economy side, I was hoping to follow up my articles "DBERR's views on the future growth of the UK economy 'New Industry, New Jobs'" and "Industry contributions to the UK economy and investment in R&D by industry" with pieces which might include looking at:
- 'innovation' investment in the UK versus the UK's place in the World Wide league tables
- UK versus US stimulation packages
- Services Sciences and Web Sciences
- the state of UK Manufacturing and "Robot"isation in the UK
- a review of the recent 'Digital Britain' report
- possibly a comparison of R&D spending and focus in the UK versus other nations (European comparison might be the most pointed)
But for now I'll see how I get on!