I just received an email from a leading multiplex chain - PVR Cinemas, in India that they've gone social on Facebook. This basically means that we can now check what movies are running, check with family/friends on facebook if we can go to the movies and perhaps pick a movie with a poll, book tickets through their facebook application and send out the event invite on facebook itself, share reviews, watch trailers & what have you. I felt that it was way too cool. They've now also got their Orkut application up & running. Check it out here - http://apps.facebook.com/pvrcinemas/?q=home

More...