Here are some images from the Conference for Open Source Coders, Users, and Promoters (COSCUP) in Taiwan on Saturday. There were about 600 people at the conference over the weekend, and I was happy that about 250 people sat through my talk on OpenSolaris. I had a tough act to follow going behind Ubuntu, especially since the audience was about 95% Linux users/developers. But I think things went pretty well even if I did make a boat load of mistakes. It`s a great honor talking to people who are new to OpenSolaris, especially in areas outside the main OpenSolaris community. I view it as a massive opportunity to engage people and learn from them and connect them to other communities -- but it`s also humbling when you realize just how much work we have yet to do as we build the OpenSolaris community around the world. Anyway, it was a pleasure participating at this event. Really nice show with a clear community feel. Hope to go back again next year.

More...