Looking for a fun and interactive way to get started with JavaFX? I just got tipped off to this cool Tech Test Train application the other day and thought I ought to share it with everyone!

The Tech Test Train is an interactive eLearning game that was built entirely with JavaFX 1.2. The Tech Test Train is intended to give you a hands-on introduction to JavaFX technology by allowing you to ride the train and test your knowledge, which is measured by earning points. At the end of each route you can see what you missed to get access and links to suggested documentation and tutorials. The Tech Test Train right now is only supported on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.5.

The Tech Test Train goes through the following introductory JavaFX technology concepts:

  1. Getting Started
  2. Core Constructs
  3. GUI Constructs
  4. Deployment
  5. Media
After testing the game out, or if you have any problems with the game you can leave feedback and comments on this site where the game's designers have been interacting with users here and have offered some great tips and insight. A warning to you though -- the game was not meant to be EASY -- it was designed to help you learn JavaFX.

I am glad to see that Sun continues to roll out more tools to help people learn JavaFX! For more on all the tools available to learn JavaFX check out this site. And stay tuned -- who knows what will be next?!

More...