At this week's CloudWorld conference, Lew Tucker described Sun's vision of a world in which web applications can scale up their own hardware resources:
"As we look into the future, we're going to see that applications are going to be increasingly responsible for self-provisioning," Sun's cloud-computing chief technology officer told a sparsely attended CloudWorld conference in downtown San Francisco this morning. "As a computer scientist, I think that is an area of cloud computing that's most interesting. Full Story

More...