CISCO interfaces, modules and ram - SNMP

This is a discussion on CISCO interfaces, modules and ram - SNMP ; Hy all, is there a way to get the number and type of modules installed on a catalyst, the amount of ram and the interface type? I'm brwosing the MIB variables within the Cisco product line but unsuccessfully. i got ...

  1. CISCO interfaces, modules and ram

    Hy all, is there a way to get the number and type of modules installed
    on a catalyst, the amount of ram and the interface type? I'm brwosing
    the MIB variables within the Cisco product line but unsuccessfully.

    i got a quick'n dirty shell script that only returns the system name,
    type and ios version.

    thanks in advance

    Jug

  2. Re: CISCO interfaces, modules and ram

    In article <1129221373.019369.139290@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups. com>,
    wrote:
    :Hy all, is there a way to get the number and type of modules installed
    n a catalyst, the amount of ram and the interface type? I'm brwosing
    :the MIB variables within the Cisco product line but unsuccessfully.

    Try the OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB

    http://rtfm.uni-svishtov.bg/cisco_mi...CHASSIS-MIB.my

    In particular, CardTableEntry for the modules information.

    For memory, there are two possibilities, depending on the system age:
    enterprises.cisco.local.lsystem.freeMem.0 (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 )
    and related values, for older systems.

    For newer ones,

    ciscoMemoryPoolUsed 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5.1
    ciscoMemoryPoolFree 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.1
    CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB ... you have to add the used
    and free to find the total pool size, and add all the
    pool sizes to find the total device memory size.
    --
    Watch for our new, improved .signatures -- Wittier! Profounder! and
    with less than 2 grams of Trite!

  3. Re: CISCO interfaces, modules and ram

    thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread