How to write a test MIB that can work with HP Web Jet Admin - SNMP

This is a discussion on How to write a test MIB that can work with HP Web Jet Admin - SNMP ; Hi, I write an Application with the net-snmp package ( http://www.net-snmp.org ) and want to integrate a printer as third party device to HP Web Jet Admin. I must design the MIB from bottom because the printer has not SNMP ...

  1. How to write a test MIB that can work with HP Web Jet Admin

    Hi,

    I write an Application with the net-snmp package
    (http://www.net-snmp.org) and want to integrate a printer as third
    party device to HP Web Jet Admin. I must design the MIB from bottom
    because the printer has not SNMP support yet.
    Is there any manipulated printer MIB that can be used as reference?
    Which design rules of the MIB and for the application should i follow
    to realise a good integration with HP Web Jet Admin?

    Thanks in advice for hints

  2. Re: How to write a test MIB that can work with HP Web Jet Admin

    tyronm wrote:

    > I write an Application with the net-snmp package
    > (http://www.net-snmp.org) and want to integrate a printer as third
    > party device to HP Web Jet Admin. I must design the MIB from bottom
    > because the printer has not SNMP support yet.
    > Is there any manipulated printer MIB that can be used as reference?
    > Which design rules of the MIB and for the application should i follow
    > to realise a good integration with HP Web Jet Admin?

    I don't know about HP Web Jet Admin, but printers usually implement
    the MIB found in RFCs 3805 and 3806. There is a so called printer
    working group (a consortium of vendors) which is doing the real
    technical work.

    /js

    --
    Juergen Schoenwaelder International University Bremen
    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

+ Reply to Thread