Does UCD-SNMP support UDP Broadcasts? - SNMP

This is a discussion on Does UCD-SNMP support UDP Broadcasts? - SNMP ; Hi, I am planning to discover UPS devices on a network by sending SNMP broadcasts(UDP broadcasts). Can we configure ucd-snmp to allow UDP broadcasts? I couldn't find any such option. Also does ucd-snmp handle multiple-responses from UPS agents to a ...

  1. Does UCD-SNMP support UDP Broadcasts?

    Hi,

    I am planning to discover UPS devices on a network by sending SNMP
    broadcasts(UDP broadcasts).

    Can we configure ucd-snmp to allow UDP broadcasts? I couldn't find any
    such option.

    Also does ucd-snmp handle multiple-responses from UPS agents to a
    single UPS query? I anticipate receiving multiple responses to the
    broadcast message. Not sure if ucd-snmp can handle that.

    I am pretty sure I won't be the first person to run into this issues.
    But surprisingly I couldn't find much documentation on this on web.

    Please let me know if I need to provide more info.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Does UCD-SNMP support UDP Broadcasts?

    thisisatit@gmail.com wrote:

    > Can we configure ucd-snmp to allow UDP broadcasts?

    No.

    > Also does ucd-snmp handle multiple-responses from UPS
    > agents to a single UPS query?

    No.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread