Script to find out serial number and IPv6 capability using SNMP - SNMP

This is a discussion on Script to find out serial number and IPv6 capability using SNMP - SNMP ; Hi All, Wondering if anybody is willing to share a script that can find out the serial number and IPv6 capability of a device using SNMP for Cisco , Cabletron and HP devices ?...

  1. Script to find out serial number and IPv6 capability using SNMP

    Hi All,

    Wondering if anybody is willing to share a script that can find out the
    serial number and IPv6 capability of a device using SNMP for Cisco ,
    Cabletron and HP devices ?

  2. Re: Script to find out serial number and IPv6 capability using SNMP

    In article <1128694231.240794.111190@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    wrote:
    :Wondering if anybody is willing to share a script that can find out the
    :serial number and IPv6 capability of a device using SNMP for Cisco ,
    :Cabletron and HP devices ?

    Not all Cisco devices have accessible serial numbers. (Not even
    all SNMP-capable Cisco devices ;-) ) I don't know of any good
    guideline as to which Cisco devices have accessible serial numbers.
    You also have to specify whether you want the chassis serial number
    or the one of the board serial numbers (e.g., the Supervisor).
    -- Christopher Priest

  3. Re: Script to find out serial number and IPv6 capability using SNMP

    For Cisco I am looking for the Chassis Serial Number.

  4. Re: Script to find out serial number and IPv6 capability using SNMP

    In article <1128696543.473983.28570@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.c om>,
    wrote:
    :For Cisco I am looking for the Chassis Serial Number.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/chassis.shtml

    Be warned though, that for much Cisco equipment, the result
    will be null unless you have manually configured a chassis ID.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.d...c4632e06e81b11
    http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.d...394ddaa3f413f2
    --
    Goedel's Mail Filter Incompleteness Theorem:
    In any sufficiently expressive language, with any fixed set of

+ Reply to Thread