SNMP MIB Definition query. - SNMP

This is a discussion on SNMP MIB Definition query. - SNMP ; Hi, I am a complete novice and so my question maybe crazy bit here goes .. Taking the following as an example :- accBrFilterMode OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX INTEGER { on (1), off (2) } OR SYNTAX INTEGER { on (1), off ...

  1. SNMP MIB Definition query.

    Hi,

    I am a complete novice and so my question maybe crazy bit here goes ..

    Taking the following as an example :-

    accBrFilterMode OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX INTEGER {
    on (1),
    off (2)
    }
    OR
    SYNTAX INTEGER {
    on (1),
    off (2),
    cancel (3)
    }
    ACCESS read-write
    STATUS mandatory
    DESCRIPTION
    " accBrFilterMode description "
    ::= { accBridge 16 }

    The above syntax is not correct but it helps to explain my query.

    Is there a way I can define the "accBrFilterMode" object in my
    MIB such that based on a condition (agent capability) it can have a
    range or 1..2 or 1..3.

    Thank for your help.

    Pete

  2. Re: SNMP MIB Definition query.

    Pete wrote:

    > I am a complete novice and so my question maybe crazy bit here goes ..
    >
    > Taking the following as an example :-
    >
    > accBrFilterMode OBJECT-TYPE
    > SYNTAX INTEGER {
    > on (1),
    > off (2)
    > }
    > OR
    > SYNTAX INTEGER {
    > on (1),
    > off (2),
    > cancel (3)
    > }
    > ACCESS read-write
    > STATUS mandatory
    > DESCRIPTION
    > " accBrFilterMode description "
    > ::= { accBridge 16 }
    >
    > The above syntax is not correct but it helps to explain my query.
    >
    > Is there a way I can define the "accBrFilterMode" object in my
    > MIB such that based on a condition (agent capability) it can have a
    > range or 1..2 or 1..3.

    You simply define the object including all three enumerations and
    in the agent capabilities definition you specify the subset of values
    actually implemented.

    /js

    --
    Juergen Schoenwaelder International University Bremen
    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

+ Reply to Thread