If the manager receives responds although it doesn't send any request, what is happen in the manager? - SNMP

This is a discussion on If the manager receives responds although it doesn't send any request, what is happen in the manager? - SNMP ; The manager receives trap messages from some agents. If the manager receives responds instead of traps although it doesn't send any request, what is happen in the manager? I wander whether the manager receives the respond or throw away it. ...

  1. If the manager receives responds although it doesn't send any request, what is happen in the manager?

    The manager receives trap messages from some agents.
    If the manager receives responds instead of traps although it doesn't
    send any request, what is happen in the manager?
    I wander whether the manager receives the respond or throw away it.
    Please let me know!

  2. Re: If the manager receives responds although it doesn't send any request, what is happen in the manager?

    The manager should only handle responses to requests that it has
    originated. So I would say in your case the manager should ignore

    NetMechanica
    http://www.netmechanica.com

+ Reply to Thread