Require oid for kyocera printer hostname - SNMP

This is a discussion on Require oid for kyocera printer hostname - SNMP ; hai all This is manju.I need oid for kyocera printer hostname. I used sysName to get the hostname of the devices It is working fine for all the devices and all the vendors . But it is not giving hostname ...

  1. Require oid for kyocera printer hostname

    hai all

    This is manju.I need oid for kyocera printer hostname. I used sysName
    to get the hostname of the devices It is working fine for all the
    devices and all the vendors . But it is not giving hostname for
    particulary kyocera printers.

    Help me any body

    regrds
    manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  2. Re: Require oid for kyocera printer hostname

    Hi Manju,
    I think u asked the same question in another post, right!!
    Its enough to have one.

    Ok, lets coming to the point.
    Try to do a Snmp walk for that printer from MIB-Browser and check out
    for which oid u get the Name of the Printer and map on that oid. So u
    have to check out each and every oid carefully. coz, the name of device
    can be in Hexadecimal also. Try this and let me know....

    Cheers,
    M-A-N

    manju wrote:
    > hai all
    >
    > This is manju.I need oid for kyocera printer hostname. I used sysName
    > to get the hostname of the devices It is working fine for all the
    > devices and all the vendors . But it is not giving hostname for
    > particulary kyocera printers.
    >
    > Help me any body
    >

    > regrds
    > manju