new to snmp - SNMP

This is a discussion on new to snmp - SNMP ; Dear All, I'm going to start a new project based upon snmp and I'm pretty new to this technology I read something but I'm still a little bit confused can someone provide some of the following information? 1) actually we ...

  1. new to snmp

    Dear All,

    I'm going to start a new project based upon snmp and I'm pretty new to
    this technology I read something but I'm still a little bit confused can
    someone provide some of the following information?

    1) actually we use corba to perform get/set operation on our device is
    there any relation between these technologyes ? I saw tools to build
    corba to snmp but I can't find anything on snmp to corba

    2) can anyone provide some suggestion on the best snmp cross-platform
    library

    3) I think that as start point I have to define the MIBs for my device
    is there any tools that can help me in doing this or some commented
    examples ?

    thanks,
    Alberto

  2. Re: new to snmp

    A for Q3
    There are many standard MIBs, you can search RFCs for them. If you want
    to define your private MIB, any text editing tool (such as notepad) is
    ok, you just need to follow the standard.

  3. Re: new to snmp

    I would recommend you try out NetDecision. There are several
    applications you might find useful:

    - MIB Browser
    - MIB Manager (checks SMIv1/SMIv2 syntax)
    - MIB Editor
    - SNMP Packet analyzer
    - Trap Simulator

    http://www.netmechanica.com

    Please note that evaluation version is available:
    http://www.netmechanica.com/downloads.php

+ Reply to Thread