SNMP OIDs require - SNMP

This is a discussion on SNMP OIDs require - SNMP ; hai all, This is manju , i am doing a project on NMS . Can any body help me in providing the OIDs for Hostname for Kyocera Printer Serial Number and model for CISCO Router Serial Number and model for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. SNMP OIDs require

    hai all,

    This is manju , i am doing a project on NMS . Can any body help me
    in providing the OIDs for

    Hostname for Kyocera Printer

    Serial Number and model for CISCO Router

    Serial Number and model for 3Com Switch

    Thank
    manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  2. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    if there mib are public then you may fount at
    http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/downloads.cgi

    i hope this would help. I guess you dont have mibs. If you have then
    try to read hardware / entity mib .. you will able to grep what you
    needs
    Abhishek

    manju wrote:
    > hai all,
    >

    > This is manju , i am doing a project on NMS . Can any body help me
    > in providing the OIDs for
    >
    > Hostname for Kyocera Printer
    >
    > Serial Number and model for CISCO Router
    >
    > Serial Number and model for 3Com Switch
    >

    > Thank
    > manju
    > kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  3. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Manju,

    I think u can get the details ;

    HostName - from SysName ( .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5 ) in RFC1213-mib

    Serial Number and model - for Router/Switch, u can search it in the
    corresponding vendors site. Most probably u can get it from SysDescr
    (.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1) node in the same mib.

    And Abhi's link will also be very useful....

    Cheers,
    M-A-N

  4. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Hi

    Thank U for ur reply.

    I used SysName to get the printer's hostname , But it is not giving
    Kyocera printers hostname ,It is working for all other devices and all
    other vendors.

    If possible provide me for "kyocera printers hostname OID".

    I check the SysDescription OID , I found nothing useful for 3com
    swithces.
    But something I found for Cisco Router . But I can't understand what is
    what and the order of the items in it. If U know inform me.

    Thank U For ur Response
    urs is so useful to me
    manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  5. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Hai,

    Thank U for ur reply. Ya , mibdepot.com is so useful to me but it is
    not free . could u suggest me any other way to get mibs.

    and also let me know what is this entity mib what it contains.

    Thank U for ur reply

    manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  6. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    for cisco router
    chassic id/ serial number you may get via snmp get on
    ..1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.2.19

    chassisType: id will be via snmp get on 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.1

    it will return some integer value which need to be map into
    OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB

    More info is at
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477...#mib-variables

    For 3Com switch you may get their mibs at 3com web support download
    section

    thanks
    abhishek

  7. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    BTW all mibs you may get at vendors web site because generally vendor
    publish their mib.

    And even you dotn get then try to get it through support as you must
    have support for those products

    abhishek

  8. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    In article news:1116483162.881251.309230@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com,
    manju wrote:
    > I used SysName to get the printer's hostname , But it is not giving
    > Kyocera printers hostname ,It is working for all other devices and all
    > other vendors.

    Does it have support for the standard Printer-MIB? If so what does it
    have for prtGeneralPrinterName, see
    http://www.icir.org/cgi-bin/fenner/o...1.2.1.43.5.1.1
    snmpwalk across it and see what you get.
    --
    Alan J. McFarlane
    http://www.alanjmcf.me.uk/

  9. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Thanks for ur reply Alan,

    Ya, it supports Printer-MIB , But for ptrGeneralPrinterName it is
    giving printer model name not its host name .

    Tell me any other way to get hostname of kyocera printer

    Thank U for Ur reply

    Manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  10. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    hai Abhishek

    Thanks for ur reply

    let me know whether chassis id and serial number of router are same

    and
    chassis type and model name of router are same

    manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  11. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    How can I compare the chassis Type which gives integer with
    OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB to get the model.

    Do I need to write any code or Is there any other go to do that ,
    Because I need the model as output

    Thank U,

  12. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Ques:
    let me know whether chassis id and serial number of router are same ?

    Ans: chassic id and serial number not same. serial id is like
    manufactrer set this at time of production, but chassic id can be set
    via some config .
    Ques
    chassis type and model name of router are same ?

    They may be same and may not be. Chassic is like a container in which
    box is kept. If some company is producing a container that can have two
    different boxes inside than definately chassic type and model name
    would be different.

    But this case is rare.

    Ques
    How can I compare the chassis Type which gives integer with
    OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB to get the model.

    you got chassic type ( integer via snmp quesry) So Now read mib and
    found out which type ( it must be user defined) of it . Now In begining
    of mib you may get it ( defination for type and value) If you didnt get
    this on same mib then try to get from all other mib's which this mib is
    sourcing

    Abhishek

  13. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Ques:
[...]

    A parser may be helpful for you which open the file and search for
    value type in mib
    Abhishek

  14. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Hai Abishek

    Let me confim one thing, can I use chassis id and chassis type in
    place of serial number and model name Because I cannot get these two
    values.

    Thank U for ur valuable information. This is so useful to me . and
    i'd like to know whar r u doing. R U doing something related to SNMP
    ..Iam very interested to know about U .Because I am also going in the
    same direction if ur's is mine way , then both can exchage our views.

    Thank U Abishek

    A line of reply is appreciable

    Manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  15. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    In article news:1116564198.734921.93110@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com,
    manju wrote:
    [...]
    > Ya, it supports Printer-MIB , But for ptrGeneralPrinterName it is
    > giving printer model name not its host name .
    >
    > Tell me any other way to get hostname of kyocera printer

    I presume that you've confirmed that the printer(s) have been configured
    such that they know their names? Just because a device has a name in
    DNS/NIS/AD/etc does not mean that the device itself knows that name...
    --
    Alan J. McFarlane
    http://www.alanjmcf.me.uk/
    Please follow-up in the newsgroup for the benefit of all.

  16. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    hai Alan

    I can't understand ur answer. Tell me in detail.

    Regards
    Manju
    kanna_manju2000@krify.com

  17. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    In article news:1116943834.079609.77850@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com,
    manju wrote:
    > I can't understand ur answer. Tell me in detail.

    It was a question...:

    Have you checked that the Kyocera printers each know their own name?

    (Go to one, and navigate the front panel menu (assuming it has such a
    thing) and check that it displays its own name...)
    --
    Alan J. McFarlane
    http://www.alanjmcf.me.uk/
    Please follow-up in the newsgroup for the benefit of all.

  18. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    > It was a question...:

    > Have you checked that the Kyocera printers each know their own name?

    > (Go to one, and navigate the front panel menu (assuming it has such a
    >thing) and check that it displays its own

    ya ,

    I checked they are having their name .But unable to get

    Thank U
    bye
    manju

  19. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    In article news:1117022459.301030.37590@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com,
    manju wrote:
    >> It was a question...:
    >> Have you checked that the Kyocera printers each know their own name?
    >> (Go to one, and navigate the front panel menu (assuming it has such a
    >> thing) and check that it displays its own

    > ya ,
    >
    > I checked they are having their name .But unable to get

    Well I'm out of ideas then; short of a walk across the whole MIB tree
    and then grepping it to see if the name you want is there.
    --
    Alan J. McFarlane
    http://www.alanjmcf.me.uk/
    Please follow-up in the newsgroup for the benefit of all.

  20. Re: SNMP OIDs require

    Thank U Alan

    Ok ., I will serarch for other go . and I want to know some
    thing about U , Are u doing some thing related to SNMP, What r u doing
    , where r u residing, i am very interested to know about u.