extension agent DLL - SNMP

This is a discussion on extension agent DLL - SNMP ; Hi everybody! I want to build an extension agent DLL for Windows 2K. The only example I found on the net is the one at : http://www.codeproject.com/internet/...LL__Part1_.asp unfortunately, there is no detailed build instructions. That's why I post here. Has ...

  1. extension agent DLL

    Hi everybody!

    I want to build an extension agent DLL for Windows 2K. The only example I
    found on the net is the one at :
    http://www.codeproject.com/internet/...LL__Part1_.asp
    unfortunately, there is no detailed build instructions. That's why I post
    here. Has got anybody some other example of extension agent ?

    I'm looking for a very simple agent that can retrieve some values in the
    registry.

    Thanks a lot.

    Fred

  2. Re: extension agent DLL

    Hi Fred,

    You could try AGENT++Win32 API also from
    http://www.agentpp.com. It hides the details of
    the extension agent DLL interface for you. It is
    open source and free for non-commercial use.
    If you are only interested in an example source
    then you may have a look at the subagent_win32.cpp
    file from
    http://www.agentpp.com/agent++win32.zip

    Regards,
    Frank Fock

    Fred wrote:

    >Hi everybody!
    >
    >I want to build an extension agent DLL for Windows 2K. The only example I
    >found on the net is the one at :
    >http://www.codeproject.com/internet/...LL__Part1_.asp
    >unfortunately, there is no detailed build instructions. That's why I post
    >here. Has got anybody some other example of extension agent ?
    >
    >I'm looking for a very simple agent that can retrieve some values in the
    >registry.
    >
    >Thanks a lot.
    >
    >Fred

  3. Re: extension agent DLL

    Microsoft provides the Testdll example, which implements the very simple
    "toaster" MIB. Go to the MSDN web site:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/

    and search for 'snmp extension agent example'. This should build easily.
    The hardest part that I remember from doing this is figuring out how to
    get the DLL registered. It involved setting a couple of entries in the
    Registry by hand, and eventually writing some code to do that.

    Rob

    Fred wrote:
    > Hi everybody!
    >
    > I want to build an extension agent DLL for Windows 2K. The only example I
    > found on the net is the one at :
    > http://www.codeproject.com/internet/...LL__Part1_.asp
    > unfortunately, there is no detailed build instructions. That's why I post
    > here. Has got anybody some other example of extension agent ?
    >
    > I'm looking for a very simple agent that can retrieve some values in the
    > registry.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Fred

  4. Re: extension agent DLL

    Fred,

    If you like c#, take a look at the nsoftware Ipworks .net addition.
    Take a look at it here:
    http://www.nsoftware.com/products/co...MPAgent&sku=ip, I have
    used it before and it is pretty darn convenient.

    It also has built in support for SNMP v3. I have heard the C++ options
    are not too bad either though I have not messed with them.

    -Ryan

+ Reply to Thread