MG-Soft Errors on Good MIB - Help?? - SNMP

This is a discussion on MG-Soft Errors on Good MIB - Help?? - SNMP ; I have what is believed to be a good MIB file used by many others. However, when I go to compile it with MG-Soft's compiler I get the errors below. Can anyone help me decipher the errors? Thanks in advance, ...

  1. MG-Soft Errors on Good MIB - Help??

    I have what is believed to be a good MIB file used by many others.
    However, when I go to compile it with MG-Soft's compiler I get the
    errors below. Can anyone help me decipher the errors?

    Thanks in advance,

    FYI - I obtained the MIB from Fore, but I believe a copy can be
    retrieved on MIB Depot.com.

    NOTE: I am using the 8.3 version of the fore-switch MIB. I am
    particularly interested in Error 35.

    C:\fore-switch.mib(21941) : Error 35 : Table "q2931AFTemplateTable"
    must have exactly one item defined under it, and it must be a row
    C:\fore-switch.mib(22101) : Error 35 : Table "q2931AFFilterTable" must
    have exactly one item defined under it, and it must be a row
    C:\fore-switch.mib(28345) : Error 27 : "q2931CugMemberListTable"
    referenced to undefined sequence "Q2931CugMemberListEntry"
    C:\fore-switch.mib(28344) : Error 29 : Table "q2931CugMemberListTable"
    does not have a Row defined

  2. Re: MG-Soft Errors on Good MIB - Help??

    "T" wrote:
    >I have what is believed to be a good MIB file used by many others.
    >However, when I go to compile it with MG-Soft's compiler I get the
    >errors below. Can anyone help me decipher the errors?

    [...]
    >FYI - I obtained the MIB from Fore, but I believe a copy can be
    >retrieved on MIB Depot.com.

    It would have been courteous if you had told us what the MIB module
    name was so we could track it down. It would have been easier to
    find out exactly what was wrong.

    >NOTE: I am using the 8.3 version of the fore-switch MIB. I am
    >particularly interested in Error 35.
    >
    >C:\fore-switch.mib(21941) : Error 35 : Table "q2931AFTemplateTable"
    >must have exactly one item defined under it, and it must be a row
    > C:\fore-switch.mib(22101) : Error 35 : Table "q2931AFFilterTable" must
    >have exactly one item defined under it, and it must be a row

    I have seen Fore MIB modules before with such errors, and I can tell
    you that the MIB module is indeed broken. The problem is that both a
    scalar and a conceptual row are assigned OIDs that are subordinate to
    the OID of a table. That is illegal, as stated in this excerpt from
    RFC 2578 Section 7.10, "Mapping of the OBJECT-TYPE value":

    The value of an invocation of the OBJECT-TYPE macro is the name of
    the object, which is an OBJECT IDENTIFIER, an administratively
    assigned name.

    When an OBJECT IDENTIFIER is assigned to an object:

    (1) If the object corresponds to a conceptual table, then only a single
    assignment, that for a conceptual row, is present immediately
    beneath that object. The administratively assigned name for the
    conceptual row object is derived by appending a sub-identifier of
    "1" to the administratively assigned name for the conceptual table.

    > C:\fore-switch.mib(28345) : Error 27 : "q2931CugMemberListTable"
    >referenced to undefined sequence "Q2931CugMemberListEntry"
    > C:\fore-switch.mib(28344) : Error 29 : Table "q2931CugMemberListTable"
    >does not have a Row defined

    Dunno about these errors, could be a mis-spelled SEQUENCE name.

    nobody

  3. Re: MG-Soft Errors on Good MIB - Help??

    Thank You! The information you provided has been helpful. Now all I
    need to do is get the vendor to agree . As for tracking down the
    other two errors, the MIB module is fore-switch.mib version 8.3.1. I
    put it in the NOTE with my first post. It was also included in the
    path with the error message, but I should have stated it clearly.

    Let me know what you find.

    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread