SNMP Linux HEELP!! - SNMP

This is a discussion on SNMP Linux HEELP!! - SNMP ; Hello, i tried to implement an SNMP communication with Linux and ucd-snmp library. I feel my agent in local works good. When i try to execute snmpget for monitoring my ssCpuUser, snmpget tell me that object is not found. I ...

  1. SNMP Linux HEELP!!

    Hello, i tried to implement an SNMP communication with Linux and ucd-snmp
    library.
    I feel my agent in local works good.
    When i try to execute snmpget for monitoring my ssCpuUser, snmpget tell me
    that
    object is not found.
    I think it's becouse i haven't MIBs installed, is it possibile, i downloaded
    ucdavis, but, how to use it?

    Please help me! i gotta do a school project!

    ps: have you got a bash script that initialize a snmpd (with snmp.conf) and
    get info
    with senmpget??

  2. Re: SNMP Linux HEELP!!

    Roberto> When i try to execute snmpget for monitoring my ssCpuUser,
    Roberto> snmpget tell me that object is not found.

    Did you append a .0 to ssCpuUser?

    # snmpget localhost ssCpuUser
    UCD-SNMP-MIB::ssCpuUser = No Such Instance currently exists at this OID

    # snmpget localhost ssCpuUser.0
    UCD-SNMP-MIB::ssCpuUser.0 = INTEGER: 19

    --
    Wes Hardaker