AIX and snmpd - SNMP

This is a discussion on AIX and snmpd - SNMP ; Hello, I am working on AIX 5.2, and i search a way to get some special datas by snmp. By "special datas", i mean the value returned by a shell script (on snmp get resquest, snmpd execute the shell script ...

  1. AIX and snmpd

    Hello,

    I am working on AIX 5.2, and i search a way to get some special datas
    by snmp.

    By "special datas", i mean the value returned by a shell script (on
    snmp get resquest, snmpd execute the shell script and send the return
    value to the client).

    Net-SNMP offer this possibility but i can not install this on the
    server.

    I must use the "default" snmp server. After reading the documentation
    about
    snmpd configuration, i have found nothing to solve my probleme.

    Does there is a solution with the default snmp server ?

    Thanks by advance

    Frantzozich

  2. Re: AIX and snmpd

    In comp.unix.aix frantzozich wrote:

    > Net-SNMP offer this possibility but i can not install this on the
    > server.

    Is this for policy reasons or didn't you succeed installing Net-SNMP?

    --
    Christian Schulz http://www.spinfo.uni-koeln.de/~schulz/
    We provide you with knowledge, school, know-how

  3. Re: AIX and snmpd

    This is for policy reasons

    Frantzozitch

+ Reply to Thread