problems with polling windows (2003) servers over SNMP using cacti
I'm having problems with polling win2003 servers over SNMP using
- The polling server is a Sintinix installaion running on a VM inside
GSX Server (that's hosted bij a w2003)
- The polling server has it's own bridged IP address
- all rrd-files are owned by root
- The final goal is being able to graph all the parameters available
in windows perf. mon.
Parts that works:
- I verified that I can reach them over SNMP from the polling server
- getting statistics from the server itself on it's external exposed
IP address is no problem
Parts that do NOT work:
- As soon as I try to get graphs from a windows machine it either
-> shows an empty graph (so no data is collected)
-> doesn't show a graph at all
What can be the problem? Can anyone help me out on this one?
Re: problems with polling windows (2003) servers over SNMP using cacti
I am not a specialist but I am using sentinix for about 1 month now and It's
quite fresh in my brain.
(But i used it ony to graph some quite simple stuff like interface, disk
usage and memory)
My first question is how do you create your "device" ?
--> is it ok ? (you shouldn't have a snmp error at the top of the device
--> the device must be UP on the "all devices" page (If not UP the device
will not be query by the poller)
In the device page
--> do you have a "success [ X Items, Y Rows] in your "Associated Data
Queries" ?? (Where X and Y are diffrent from 0) [SNMP - Get Processor
Information for example]
How do you "create" the data source ?
--> did you make your own data template ? or is it a data queries ? etc ?