How to know if a server supports SNMP - SNMP

This is a discussion on How to know if a server supports SNMP - SNMP ; HI, I have to develop some SNMP queries, but first of all I'd like to know if the target DHCP server supports SNMP. Basically I'd like to build possibly the SIMPLEST SNMP message and find a way to send it ...

  1. How to know if a server supports SNMP

    HI,

    I have to develop some SNMP queries, but first of all I'd like to know
    if the target DHCP server supports SNMP.

    Basically I'd like to build possibly the SIMPLEST SNMP message and find
    a way to send it to the DHCP server and retrieve an answer.

    Can someone help me to do these first steps into SNMP world?

    Thanks in advance!!

    ario

  2. Re: How to know if a server supports SNMP

    I answer to myself,

    if you enable the SNMP service on the server machine, the SNMP support
    will be active.

    Bye

    ario

+ Reply to Thread