windows: monitor cpu usage in MIB - SNMP

This is a discussion on windows: monitor cpu usage in MIB - SNMP ; Hello, is there any information in the MIB about the CPU-usage. I am monitoring Windows-machines using whatsup and the goal is to raise an alarm if the usage passes a certain threshold. The same problem for the cisco routers :-) ...

  1. windows: monitor cpu usage in MIB

    Hello,
    is there any information in the MIB about the CPU-usage. I am
    monitoring Windows-machines using whatsup and the goal is to raise an
    alarm if the usage passes a certain threshold.

    The same problem for the cisco routers :-)

    Thanx in advance

    CB

  2. Re: windows: monitor cpu usage in MIB

    > Hello,

    Hi ,

    > The same problem for the cisco routers :-)

    Current CPU usage in percents of device
    1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.56.0

    Average CPU Usage in percents of device over last minute
    1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57.0

    Average CPU Usage in percents of device over last 5 minutes
    1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0

    HTH, sb

    see: http://snmp-info.sourceforge.net/doc...l#item_ios_cpu

  3. Re: windows: monitor cpu usage in MIB

    Hi Paul

    > is there any information in the MIB about the CPU-usage. I am
    > monitoring Windows-machines using whatsup and the goal is to raise an
    > alarm if the usage passes a certain threshold.

    using mib's from http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc
    on pc's running w2k and wxp

    verify that .3 in the below mentioned OID is the right one.
    it could be from 0 up to i-dont-know-what.
    on a dual-cpu system it's .5 for the 1st and .6 for the 2nd cpu
    test it with some mib browser.

    i'm using mrtg v2.10.15
    -----------------start of mrtg.cfg---------------

    RunAsDaemon: yes

    ### Global Defaults
    XSize[_]:600
    YSize[_]:100
    TimeStrPos[_]: RU
    TimeStrFmt[_]: %d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S
    Options[_]: unknaszero
    Ytics[_]: 5

    ### CPU ###

    Target[my-server-CPU]:
    1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.3&1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.3:gue$$what4all@172.16.1.12 5
    Options[my-server-CPU]: gauge, nopercent, nolegend
    Unscaled[my-server-CPU]: dwmy
    MaxBytes[my-server-CPU]: 100
    YLegend[my-server-CPU]: % Utilization
    ShortLegend[my-server-CPU]: %
    Legend1[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    Legend2[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    Legend3[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    Legend4[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    LegendI[my-server-CPU]:  Load
    LegendO[my-server-CPU]:
    Colours[my-server-CPU]: Col1#00ccff,Col2#0000ff,Col3#00ffff,Col4#0000ff
    Title[my-server-CPU]: Performance Analysis for my-server
    PageTop[my-server-CPU]:

    Performance Analysis for my-server

    --------------end of mrtg.cfg----------------------

    --

    rgds
    Joe

  4. Re: windows: monitor cpu usage in MIB

    Thanx for your answer,
    the problem is that I cannot change the MIB on the devices that I am
    monitoring, so I have to use the standard MIB, so is there no
    possibility to find the CPU utilization in the standard MIB of Windows
    XP/2000/2003 and on Alcatel routers?

    Joe wrote in message news:...
    > Hi Paul
    >
    > > is there any information in the MIB about the CPU-usage. I am
    > > monitoring Windows-machines using whatsup and the goal is to raise an
    > > alarm if the usage passes a certain threshold.
    > >

    > using mib's from http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc
    > on pc's running w2k and wxp
    >
    > verify that .3 in the below mentioned OID is the right one.
    > it could be from 0 up to i-dont-know-what.
    > on a dual-cpu system it's .5 for the 1st and .6 for the 2nd cpu
    > test it with some mib browser.
    >
    > i'm using mrtg v2.10.15
    > -----------------start of mrtg.cfg---------------
    >
    > RunAsDaemon: yes
    >
    > ### Global Defaults
    > XSize[_]:600
    > YSize[_]:100
    > TimeStrPos[_]: RU
    > TimeStrFmt[_]: %d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S
    > Options[_]: unknaszero
    > Ytics[_]: 5
    >
    > ### CPU ###
    >
    > Target[my-server-CPU]:
    > 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.3&1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.3:gue$$what4all@172.16.1.12 5
    > Options[my-server-CPU]: gauge, nopercent, nolegend
    > Unscaled[my-server-CPU]: dwmy
    > MaxBytes[my-server-CPU]: 100
    > YLegend[my-server-CPU]: % Utilization
    > ShortLegend[my-server-CPU]: %
    > Legend1[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    > Legend2[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    > Legend3[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    > Legend4[my-server-CPU]: CPU Average
    > LegendI[my-server-CPU]:  Load
    > LegendO[my-server-CPU]:
    > Colours[my-server-CPU]: Col1#00ccff,Col2#0000ff,Col3#00ffff,Col4#0000ff
    > Title[my-server-CPU]: Performance Analysis for my-server
    > PageTop[my-server-CPU]:

    Performance Analysis for my-server

    > --------------end of mrtg.cfg----------------------

  5. Re: windows: monitor cpu usage in MIB

    In article news:1f716d42.0504250013.11742400@posting.google.c om, paul b
    wrote:
    > Thanx for your answer,
    > the problem is that I cannot change the MIB on the devices that I am
    > monitoring, so I have to use the standard MIB, so is there no
    > possibility to find the CPU utilization in the standard MIB of Windows
    > XP/2000/2003 and on Alcatel routers?

    For Windows, see the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB, and its object
    "hrProcessorLoad", see e.g.
    http://www.icir.org/cgi-bin/fenner/o...2.1.25.3.3.1.2

    e.g.
    C:\>snmputil.exe walk 127.0.0.1 pubic
    host.hrDevice.hrProcessorTable.hrProcessorEntry.hr ProcessorLoad
    Variable =
    host.hrDevice.hrProcessorTable.hrProcessorEntry.hr ProcessorLoad.4
    Value = Integer32 3

    Variable =
    host.hrDevice.hrProcessorTable.hrProcessorEntry.hr ProcessorLoad.5
    Value = Integer32 2

    End of MIB subtree.

    C:\>
    --