trunk port - SNMP

This is a discussion on trunk port - SNMP ; Hi Is there any way to find out if port is in trunk mode? On a switch from the Cisco catalyst family? Thank you Sharon...

  1. trunk port

    Hi

    Is there any way to find out if port is in trunk mode?

    On a switch from the Cisco catalyst family?

    Thank you

    Sharon

  2. Re: trunk port

    In message <424c3948$1@news.012.net.il>, Sharon
    scribes
    >Hi
    >
    >Is there any way to find out if port is in trunk mode?
    >
    >On a switch from the Cisco catalyst family?
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >Sharon

    For IOS use the show interface command in the CLI
    e.g. for port 1
    sh int fa 0/1
    Can't remember if you need to show the switchport stuff as well, if so
    then use:-
    sh int fa 0/1 sw
    --
    Snowy

  3. Re: trunk port

    I'm trying to achieve this using SNMP ...

    "Ian Snowdon" wrote in message
    > In message <424c3948$1@news.012.net.il>, Sharon
    > scribes
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>Is there any way to find out if port is in trunk mode?
    >>
    >>On a switch from the Cisco catalyst family?
    >>
    >>Thank you
    >>
    >>Sharon
    >>

    > For IOS use the show interface command in the CLI
    > e.g. for port 1
    > sh int fa 0/1
    > Can't remember if you need to show the switchport stuff as well, if so
    > then use:-
    > sh int fa 0/1 sw
    > --
    > Snowy

  4. Re: trunk port

    In message <425053b4$1@news.012.net.il>, Sharon
    scribes
    >I'm trying to achieve this using SNMP ...

    'Pologies.

    --
    Snowy

  5. Re: trunk port

    Hi,
    If you use the algorithm:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk64...80094a9b.shtml
    you will find all mac-addresses and all vlans in your LAN.
    On the trunks will be visible all mac-addresses and all VLANS - if you have
    trunks with all VLANS.

    Maybe somewhere is simple way...
    Regards,
    MS.

    "Sharon" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to achieve this using SNMP ...
    >
    > "Ian Snowdon" wrote in message
    > > In message <424c3948$1@news.012.net.il>, Sharon
    > > scribes
    > >>Hi
    > >>
    > >>Is there any way to find out if port is in trunk mode?
    > >>
    > >>On a switch from the Cisco catalyst family?
    > >>
    > >>Thank you
    > >>
    > >>Sharon
    > >>

    > > For IOS use the show interface command in the CLI
    > > e.g. for port 1
    > > sh int fa 0/1
    > > Can't remember if you need to show the switchport stuff as well, if so
    > > then use:-
    > > sh int fa 0/1 sw
    > > --
    > > Snowy