Net-SNMP default config - SNMP

This is a discussion on Net-SNMP default config - SNMP ; Fedora Core 2 and Net-SNMP The default config doesn't allow very much to be seen. I want a RO community that will be able to see the entire MIB tree, but the man pages and Net-SNMP site just aren't helping. ...

  1. Net-SNMP default config

    Fedora Core 2 and Net-SNMP The default config doesn't allow very much
    to be seen. I want a RO community that will be able to see the entire
    MIB tree, but the man pages and Net-SNMP site just aren't helping.

    * California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
    * http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available *

  2. Re: Net-SNMP default config

    "John Oliver" wrote in message
    news:slrnd3affv.qgd.joliver@ns.sdsitehosting.net.. .
    > Fedora Core 2 and Net-SNMP The default config doesn't allow very much
    > to be seen. I want a RO community that will be able to see the entire
    > MIB tree, but the man pages and Net-SNMP site just aren't helping.

    You might need to get the source package and rebuild it to your
    requirements - depending on what the package builder did, all of the
    capabilities of net-snmp might not be compiled in. However, "The Entire MIB
    tree" is a BIG requirement.

    It is much easier to just monitor a few things and then add bits and pieces
    as the need arises.

    How about the "HOST RESSOURCES MIB", and maybe "DISMAN-SCRIPT-MIB " and the
    "RMON-MIB" to begin with?

  3. Re: Net-SNMP default config

    John Oliver wrote:
    > Fedora Core 2 and Net-SNMP The default config doesn't allow very much
    > to be seen. I want a RO community that will be able to see the entire
    > MIB tree, but the man pages and Net-SNMP site just aren't helping.

    Try
    rocommunity somecommunitystring

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread