mib compile error - SNMP

This is a discussion on mib compile error - SNMP ; I have used the emissary v9.1 and envoy v9.1 to implement SNMP on the PSOS/PPC250. When I compile the weather.mib is provided by emissary as a example, the mibcompiler return next error: IMPORTS clause references unknown module "RFC1213-MIB" How can ...

  1. mib compile error

    I have used the emissary v9.1 and envoy v9.1 to
    implement SNMP on the PSOS/PPC250.

    When I compile the weather.mib is provided by emissary as a example,
    the mibcompiler return next error:

    IMPORTS clause references unknown module "RFC1213-MIB"

    How can I solve the problem..?

    Thanks....regard~~^^

  2. Re: mib compile error

    sean wrote:
    > I have used the emissary v9.1 and envoy v9.1 to
    > implement SNMP on the PSOS/PPC250.
    >
    > When I compile the weather.mib is provided by emissary as a example,
    > the mibcompiler return next error:
    >
    > IMPORTS clause references unknown module "RFC1213-MIB"
    >
    > How can I solve the problem..?

    When you try and compile the MIB with emissary (mibcomp), you need to
    tell it where to find the "standard" mibs. There should be a "std-mibs"
    directory installed somewhere. To tell emissary about it, use the -l
    MIB-load-path flag, so you'd end up with something like:

    mibcomp -l /path/to/rfc1213.mib/dir weather.mib

    Pete

+ Reply to Thread