Newbie: getting Mac addresses from Cisco Catalyst family - SNMP

This is a discussion on Newbie: getting Mac addresses from Cisco Catalyst family - SNMP ; Hi I will be glad to get help on Cisco catalyst Switches (say 2950 / 3550) How do I get all MAC addresses connected directly to the switch ? (Or connected to hub/switch that connected to the switch) I'm using ...

  1. Newbie: getting Mac addresses from Cisco Catalyst family

    Hi
    I will be glad to get help on Cisco catalyst Switches (say 2950 / 3550)

    How do I get all MAC addresses connected directly to the switch ?
    (Or connected to hub/switch that connected to the switch)

    I'm using GET/Get Next command available in API I have at my IDE,
    so I'm quite limited .

    Thank you very much
    Sharon

  2. Re: Newbie: getting Mac addresses from Cisco Catalyst family

    Hi Sharon,

    you might want to have a look at the Lanox project at sourceforge. It does
    exactly that and a couple of more things.

    You are also welcome to contribute.

    Best Regards,
    Manuel
    "Sharon" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I will be glad to get help on Cisco catalyst Switches (say 2950 / 3550)
    >
    > How do I get all MAC addresses connected directly to the switch ?
    > (Or connected to hub/switch that connected to the switch)
    >
    > I'm using GET/Get Next command available in API I have at my IDE,
    > so I'm quite limited .
    >
    > Thank you very much
    > Sharon

  3. Re: Newbie: getting Mac addresses from Cisco Catalyst family

    Well,

    I already programmed an SNMP API

    and I want to implement the polling myself in order to customize my
    application for my needs .

    Any other Idea ?

    Thank you

    Sharon

    "Manuel Kampert" wrote in message
    > Hi Sharon,
    >
    > you might want to have a look at the Lanox project at sourceforge. It does
    > exactly that and a couple of more things.
    >
    > You are also welcome to contribute.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Manuel
    > "Sharon" wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> I will be glad to get help on Cisco catalyst Switches (say 2950 / 3550)
    >>
    >> How do I get all MAC addresses connected directly to the switch ?
    >> (Or connected to hub/switch that connected to the switch)
    >>
    >> I'm using GET/Get Next command available in API I have at my IDE,
    >> so I'm quite limited .
    >>
    >> Thank you very much
    >> Sharon

  4. Re: Newbie: getting Mac addresses from Cisco Catalyst family

    Well I'm amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The Lanox project is a replica of what I'm doing !!

    I'm building NMS in C# that has exact same factuality,

    Scan the network & draw it

    Get reports:

    Free ports

    Switches load

    View segments (virtual LAN's)

    And more

    Sharon

    "Manuel Kampert" wrote in message
    > Hi Sharon,
    >
    > you might want to have a look at the Lanox project at sourceforge. It does
    > exactly that and a couple of more things.
    >
    > You are also welcome to contribute.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Manuel
    > "Sharon" wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> I will be glad to get help on Cisco catalyst Switches (say 2950 / 3550)
    >>
    >> How do I get all MAC addresses connected directly to the switch ?
    >> (Or connected to hub/switch that connected to the switch)
    >>
    >> I'm using GET/Get Next command available in API I have at my IDE,
    >> so I'm quite limited .
    >>
    >> Thank you very much
    >> Sharon

  5. Re: Newbie: getting Mac addresses from Cisco Catalyst family

    Manuel Kampert wrote:
    > Hi Sharon,
    >
    > you might want to have a look at the Lanox project at sourceforge. It does
    > exactly that and a couple of more things.
    >
    > You are also welcome to contribute.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Manuel

    Hi Manuel are there release to try? I'm interested but I found no downloadable stuff (I'm quite a newbie to SMNP)

    Alex.

+ Reply to Thread