snmpget / snmpwalk using virtual ip. - SNMP

This is a discussion on snmpget / snmpwalk using virtual ip. - SNMP ; Hello There. I hope someone can give me some clues. I have two interface in one server. Eth0 = 172.16.3.152 connected to pivate lan Eth1 = 10.1.1.154 connected to 2 private lan Router IP is: 10.1.1.254 Access list on router ...

  1. snmpget / snmpwalk using virtual ip.

    Hello There. I hope someone can give me some clues.

    I have two interface in one server.

    Eth0 = 172.16.3.152 connected to pivate lan
    Eth1 = 10.1.1.154 connected to 2 private lan

    Router IP is: 10.1.1.254
    Access list on router has 10.1.1.154 Permit to RW

    By default, snmp send query using eth0, but I want to be able to do
    snmpget or smpwalk using the second interface instead. How I can do
    it?

    Thanks is advance.

    J.

  2. Re: snmpget / snmpwalk using virtual ip.

    The virtual ip come later since I'm using Heartbeat on the server
    running snmp. So, I want to be able to send a snmpget from the ip that
    is take over from heartbeat. That ip responde to the interface eth1:0

    J.

  3. Re: snmpget / snmpwalk using virtual ip.

    I get It.

    This is the final configuration

    eth0 = 172.16.3.151
    eth1 = 10.1.1.153
    eth1:0 = 10.1.1.154 (this ip is assigned automatically by HA)

    Problem was, snmpget or snmpwalk dosn't communicate with a cisco
    router wich access list has 10.1.1.154. Trying to find a way to parse
    source ip to snmp not found.

    using ip route resolve the problem

    just do:

    ip route replace 10.1.1.0/24 dev eth1 proto kernel scope link src
    10.1.1.154

    and snmpwalk / snmpget and set start usign 10.1.1.154 as a source of
    request allowing cisco router (because the access list line offcourse)
    to send information requested. By default ip route will display
    10.1.1.152 as the link src for net 10.1.1.0/24.

    usgin snmpset to triger router send config file to a tftpboot (used
    as a backup metod) work just fine.

    add a script on /etc/ha.d/resource.d/ so you can work around with HA
    so ip route set this each time HA lead the cluster.

    Jampier

    jampier wrote:
    > The virtual ip come later since I'm using Heartbeat on the server
    > running snmp. So, I want to be able to send a snmpget from the ip

    that
    > is take over from heartbeat. That ip responde to the interface eth1:0
    >
    > J.

+ Reply to Thread