[ANNOUNCE] netdisco-mibs 0.1 - SNMP

This is a discussion on [ANNOUNCE] netdisco-mibs 0.1 - SNMP ; Netdisco-MIBs is a collection of SNMP MIB files from various vendors and standards bodies. Each MIB file is checked for syntax errors and corrected to parse correctly using Net-SNMP. Netdisco-MIBs is designed to be used with SNMP::Info and Netdisco, but ...

  1. [ANNOUNCE] netdisco-mibs 0.1

    Netdisco-MIBs is a collection of SNMP MIB files from various vendors
    and
    standards bodies. Each MIB file is checked for syntax errors and
    corrected
    to parse correctly using Net-SNMP. Netdisco-MIBs is designed to be
    used
    with SNMP::Info and Netdisco, but can be used for any Net-SNMP
    application.

    Vendor MIBs include contributions from Cisco, HP, Foundry, Nortel/Bay,
    Allied and Asante. The complete suite of RFC MIBs, select IEEE
    standards,
    and Net-SNMP MIBs are also included. MIBs are arranged in directories
    per
    vendor / standards body. Corrections, additions, and comments welcome.

    A few tools related to checking and maintaining MIB files are included,
    as
    well as a utility "snmpwalkmib" which will do snmpwalk's against every
    object/table in a specified MIB. This tool can be used to poll a
    device
    against every MIB file to check for compatibility and availability of
    SNMP
    data.
    Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=80033

  2. Re: [ANNOUNCE] netdisco-mibs 0.1

    Hi,

    One third (about 300) of the MIB files still contain syntax errors.
    I have checked an syntax error report into the bug-tracking
    of your project. I know that you only claimed that those MIB
    files parse correctly with NET-SNMP. I just want to emphasize
    that successfull parsing with a MIB compiler not specifically
    created for SMI syntax checking will in most cases not proof
    that a MIB file is syntax error free.

    Regards,
    Frank Fock

    max@warped.org wrote:

    >Netdisco-MIBs is a collection of SNMP MIB files from various vendors
    >and
    >standards bodies. Each MIB file is checked for syntax errors and
    >corrected
    >to parse correctly using Net-SNMP. Netdisco-MIBs is designed to be
    >used
    >with SNMP::Info and Netdisco, but can be used for any Net-SNMP
    >application.
    >
    >Vendor MIBs include contributions from Cisco, HP, Foundry, Nortel/Bay,
    >Allied and Asante. The complete suite of RFC MIBs, select IEEE
    >standards,
    >and Net-SNMP MIBs are also included. MIBs are arranged in directories
    >per
    >vendor / standards body. Corrections, additions, and comments welcome.
    >
    >A few tools related to checking and maintaining MIB files are included,
    >as
    >well as a utility "snmpwalkmib" which will do snmpwalk's against every
    >object/table in a specified MIB. This tool can be used to poll a
    >device
    >against every MIB file to check for compatibility and availability of
    >SNMP
    >data.
    >Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=80033

+ Reply to Thread