I'm trying to use the jboss SnmpAgent for sending traps
to a management station.

1. The Jboss documentation on how to configure snmp
inside jboss itself using three xml files
(mbeans.xml, managers.xml and notifications.xml)
is almost non-existing.

What do I specify in these files and what is the
exact syntax (and semantics) of these files?

2. Do I have to change anything in the log4j.xml file
in /server/default/conf for activating
the snmp trap functionality?

3. I suppose I have to add notification code to my
MBeans.

For example:

import javax.management.NotificationFilter;
import javax.management.NotificationListener;
import javax.management.NotificationBroadcaster;

public class ExportService extends ServiceMBeanSupport
implements ExportServiceMBean, NotificationBroadcaster
{

// notification emitter interface methods

public void addNotificationListener (NotificationListener listener,
NotificationFilter filter, Object handBack)
{
}

public MBeanNotificationInfo[] getNotificationInfo ()
{
}

public void removeNotificationListener (NotificationListener
listener)
{
}
}

4. The ExportService in the above code loads a bunch of other
classes. Is it possible to send SNMP traps from these other
classes as well? Do they also have to implement the
NotificationBroadcaster interface?

Thank you for any valuable input,

Guy Thomas