Java SNMP API SNMP4J Class Diagram now available - SNMP

This is a discussion on Java SNMP API SNMP4J Class Diagram now available - SNMP ; Hi, As announced last week I have put an overview of the SNMP4J classes as a simplified UML class diagram on the SNMP4J project web site ( http://www.snmp4j.org): http://www.snmp4j.org/UMLClassOvervi...ssOverview.htm SNMP4J will be available for download next month. It will be ...

  1. Java SNMP API SNMP4J Class Diagram now available

    Hi,

    As announced last week I have put an overview of the SNMP4J
    classes as a simplified UML class diagram on the SNMP4J project
    web site (http://www.snmp4j.org):
    http://www.snmp4j.org/UMLClassOvervi...ssOverview.htm

    SNMP4J will be available for download next month. It will be licensed
    under the Apache License Model (thus "freely" available). It
    supports agent and manager applications with SNMPv1/v2c/v3 and
    MD5/SHA authentication as well as DES/AES privacy.

    We hereby request for any comments on the design. May be SNMP4J
    could become something like a reference implementation of the SNMPv3
    RFCs? Although I understand that the authors of the SNMPv3 RFCs did not
    want to favor an example implementation, it might by helpful that there is
    a concrete implementation that tried to follow the suggested SNMPv3
    interfaces as closely as possible.

    I you visit the UML diagram, you can click on each class to see its details.
    (The left part of the diagram is not very concise, may be this could
    improved
    too... ;-)

    Thanks in advance,
    Frank Fock

  2. Re: Java SNMP API SNMP4J Class Diagram now available

    Frank,

    It is very neat. May I ask which tool you use to generate the
    class diagram?

    Frank Fock wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > As announced last week I have put an overview of the SNMP4J
    > classes as a simplified UML class diagram on the SNMP4J project
    > web site (http://www.snmp4j.org):
    > http://www.snmp4j.org/UMLClassOvervi...ssOverview.htm
    >
    > SNMP4J will be available for download next month. It will be licensed
    > under the Apache License Model (thus "freely" available). It
    > supports agent and manager applications with SNMPv1/v2c/v3 and
    > MD5/SHA authentication as well as DES/AES privacy.
    >
    > We hereby request for any comments on the design. May be SNMP4J
    > could become something like a reference implementation of the SNMPv3
    > RFCs? Although I understand that the authors of the SNMPv3 RFCs did not
    > want to favor an example implementation, it might by helpful that there is
    > a concrete implementation that tried to follow the suggested SNMPv3
    > interfaces as closely as possible.
    >
    > I you visit the UML diagram, you can click on each class to see its details.
    > (The left part of the diagram is not very concise, may be this could
    > improved
    > too... ;-)
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Frank Fock

  3. Re: Java SNMP API SNMP4J Class Diagram now available

    Sorry for the late response! The top level diagram has been created
    using SmartDraw, the detail diagrams have been generated by
    JBuilder X Enterprise.

    Regards,
    Frank Fock

    K_Lee wrote:

    >Frank,
    >
    >It is very neat. May I ask which tool you use to generate the
    >class diagram?
    >

    >Frank Fock wrote in message news:...
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>As announced last week I have put an overview of the SNMP4J
    >>classes as a simplified UML class diagram on the SNMP4J project
    >>web site (http://www.snmp4j.org):
    >>http://www.snmp4j.org/UMLClassOvervi...ssOverview.htm

+ Reply to Thread