MIBS - SNMP

This is a discussion on MIBS - SNMP ; Hi All, I am trying to set up net-snmp to get host management info (Sun Solaris), such as CPU usage, memory usage, disk space, etc. I have downloaded MIBS for Sun Microsystems and placed them in /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs directory. When I ...

  1. MIBS

    Hi All,

    I am trying to set up net-snmp to get host management info (Sun
    Solaris),
    such as CPU usage, memory usage, disk space, etc. I have downloaded
    MIBS for
    Sun Microsystems and placed them in /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs
    directory.

    When I use snmpwalk, the error is below:

    snmpwalk -v 1 -c public -m ALL localhost 1.3.6.1.4.42
    - (is a reserved word): At line 46 in
    /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/mib_core.txt
    - (is a reserved word): At line 163 in
    /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/mib_core.txt
    Unlinked OID in sun-snmp: sun ::= { enterprises 42 }
    Undefined identifier: enterprises near line 2356 of
    /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/sun.mib.txt
    End of MIB

    What does this error mean? How to fix it?

    Can someone tell me what I should do in order to collect host
    managment info
    (setp by step will be much appreciated!)?

    Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: MIBS

    lwu@jabber.com wrote:
    > When I use snmpwalk, the error is below:

    > snmpwalk -v 1 -c public -m ALL localhost 1.3.6.1.4.42
    > - (is a reserved word): At line 46 in /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/mib_core.txt
    > - (is a reserved word): At line 163 in /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/mib_core.txt
    > Unlinked OID in sun-snmp: sun ::= { enterprises 42 }
    > Undefined identifier: enterprises near line 2356 of /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/sun.mib.txt
    > End of MIB

    > What does this error mean? How to fix it?

    Check line 46 in /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/mib_core.txt. It must have
    some bad syntax in it, but without the source it is hard to guess what.

    The messages about enterprises are likely because the mib does not
    import enterprises from SMIv2-MIB or RFC1155-SMI as it should.

    /Niels

    --
    Niels Baggesen -- @home -- Århus -- Denmark -- niels@baggesen.net
    The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers -- R W Hamming

  3. Re: MIBS

    For those want to download MIBS

    Here is line I used:

    http://www.mibdepot.com/index.shtml