Compilation Error in Standard VACM Mib - SNMP

This is a discussion on Compilation Error in Standard VACM Mib - SNMP ; Hi All, Iam getting an compilation error in standard vacm mib while compiling with libsmi tool. The error message is "1. index element `vacmViewTreeFamilySubtree' of row `vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' should but cannot have a size restriction. 2. index of row `vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' can ...

  1. Compilation Error in Standard VACM Mib

    Hi All,

    Iam getting an compilation error in standard vacm mib while
    compiling with libsmi tool.

    The error message is

    "1. index element `vacmViewTreeFamilySubtree' of row
    `vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' should but cannot have a size restriction.
    2. index of row `vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' can exceed OID size limit
    by 46 subidentifier(s)"

    This table has two indics vacmViewTreeFamilyViewName
    (SnmpAdminString),vacmViewTreeFamilySubtree(OBJECT IDENTIFIER).

    How can I get rid of this compilation error.if so,When this change
    will be updated in RFC 3415.

    Thanks In advance
    Kamaraj

  2. Re: Compilation Error in Standard VACM Mib

    pkamaraj@rediffmail.com (Kamaraj) writes:
    > Iam getting an compilation error in standard vacm mib while
    > compiling with libsmi tool.
    >
    > The error message is
    >
    > "1. index element `vacmViewTreeFamilySubtree' of row
    > `vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' should but cannot have a size restriction.
    > 2. index of row `vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' can exceed OID size limit
    > by 46 subidentifier(s)"
    >
    > This table has two indics vacmViewTreeFamilyViewName
    > (SnmpAdminString),vacmViewTreeFamilySubtree(OBJECT IDENTIFIER).
    >
    > How can I get rid of this compilation error.if so,When this change
    > will be updated in RFC 3415.

    These are warnings, not errors. They are informational messages
    emitted for the benefit of MIB module developers and for the
    implementors of agents and management apps. They don't indicate
    that MIB module is illegal, or even necessarily problematic,
    although they do point out some potential "gotchas" (especially
    the OID size limit warning).

    Bottom line: RFC 3415 is not defective. It does not need to be (and
    indeed, will not be) updated on account of these warnings, and there
    is nothing you can or should to to attempt to fix them. Do pay
    attention to the OID size limit when your writing management app,
    however, or it won't work.

    nobody

  3. test messgage, pls ignore.

+ Reply to Thread