Looking for Commercial SNMP Agents For Various UNIX and Windows OS - SNMP

This is a discussion on Looking for Commercial SNMP Agents For Various UNIX and Windows OS - SNMP ; I am looking for a commercial SNMP agent vendor that implements the standard OS MIBs, as well as a private MIB, to expose detailed performance profiling characteristics of many computers on a network. Where can I find such agents? Note ...

  1. Looking for Commercial SNMP Agents For Various UNIX and Windows OS

    I am looking for a commercial SNMP agent vendor that implements the standard
    OS MIBs, as well as a private MIB, to expose detailed performance profiling
    characteristics of many computers on a network. Where can I find such
    agents?

    Note that the freely available SNMP agents for various UNIX implementations
    often don't implement specific items (like CPU utilization), and never seem
    to provide very detailed performance characteristics even in the private
    MIBs. In general we would like to not deal with 20 private MIBs for 20
    different operating systems, but would prefer to standardize our software on
    a single private MIB that is well supported across many different operating
    systems.

    --
    Will

    NOTE: To reply, CHANGE the username to westes AT earthbroadcast.com

  2. Re: Looking for Commercial SNMP Agents For Various UNIX and Windows OS

    Good morning...

    Our company, Gplicity LLC, creates such agents. Our website is:

    http://www.gplicity.com

    What OS's are you looking to cover?

    Sincerely

    Edie
    GPlicity LLC
    ****************************

    "CHANGE username to westes" wrote in message news:...
    > I am looking for a commercial SNMP agent vendor that implements the standard
    > OS MIBs, as well as a private MIB, to expose detailed performance profiling
    > characteristics of many computers on a network. Where can I find such
    > agents?
    >
    > Note that the freely available SNMP agents for various UNIX implementations
    > often don't implement specific items (like CPU utilization), and never seem
    > to provide very detailed performance characteristics even in the private
    > MIBs. In general we would like to not deal with 20 private MIBs for 20
    > different operating systems, but would prefer to standardize our software on
    > a single private MIB that is well supported across many different operating
    > systems.

+ Reply to Thread