What program do you prefer as MIB-Browser? - SNMP

This is a discussion on What program do you prefer as MIB-Browser? - SNMP ; Hi group, I know it is quite a personal question, but I would like to get your personal opinions. My department is about to buy a license for an MIB-Browser, and I would like to know which of them do ...

  1. What program do you prefer as MIB-Browser?

    Hi group,

    I know it is quite a personal question, but I would like to get your
    personal opinions. My department is about to buy a license for an
    MIB-Browser, and I would like to know which of them do you prefer. Of
    course, if there is one free that works fine, it would be perfect!
    I would like that the browser were compatible with the three current
    versions of SNMP, and that it could also send SET instructions and some kind
    of Table View.

    Thank you very much for your feedback!

    PS: Is there any tool to make SNMP compliance tests? Thanks again

  2. Re: What program do you prefer as MIB-Browser?

    Hi Agustin,

    Also I am a bit biased (because I created it), I prefer MIB Explorer.
    See http://www.mibexplorer.com
    It has a sortable/filterable table view with very advanced SET capabilities
    you will probably not find elsewhere.

    You can freely evaluate and compare it with others before you buy.
    Other browsers can be found here:
    http://www.snmplink.org/Tools.html
    and through Google.

    Although MIB Explorer performs some basic tests, I would recommend
    a specialized tool for SNMP compliance tests, e.g. SilverCreek and
    SimpleTester.

    Regards,
    Frank Fock

    Agustin wrote:

    >Hi group,
    >
    >I know it is quite a personal question, but I would like to get your
    >personal opinions. My department is about to buy a license for an
    >MIB-Browser, and I would like to know which of them do you prefer. Of
    >course, if there is one free that works fine, it would be perfect!
    >I would like that the browser were compatible with the three current
    >versions of SNMP, and that it could also send SET instructions and some kind
    >of Table View.
    >
    >Thank you very much for your feedback!
    >
    >PS: Is there any tool to make SNMP compliance tests? Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread