Providing a new row for ifTable - SNMP

This is a discussion on Providing a new row for ifTable - SNMP ; Hi, I have 2 questions relating to SNMP and Windows 2000: 1) Does anybody know how to provide a new row for the ifTable? 2) Is there a way to debug the Extensible Agent? thanx, andras eles...

  1. Providing a new row for ifTable

    Hi,

    I have 2 questions relating to SNMP and Windows 2000:

    1) Does anybody know how to provide a new row for the ifTable?
    2) Is there a way to debug the Extensible Agent?

    thanx,

    andras eles

  2. Re: Providing a new row for ifTable

    busy wrote:

    >1) Does anybody know how to provide a new row for the ifTable?

    AFAIK, you will have to replace the windows extensible agent by a third
    party product. For example, you could use the new AgentX++Win32
    replacement agent which will be released on http://www.agentpp.com
    next week.

    >2) Is there a way to debug the Extensible Agent?

    Yes, of course. Start snmp.exe (the windows "master" agent) from your
    system32 directory using a debugger (e.g. VC++).

    Regards,
    Frank Fock

+ Reply to Thread