question about SNMP and getResponse-PDU - SNMP

This is a discussion on question about SNMP and getResponse-PDU - SNMP ; I am completely new to SNMP and ASN.1. Can someone please help me with some syntax? I am trying to learn this stuff on my own and need some help with an exercise. Using GetResponse-PDUs create the SNMP message sequense ...

  1. question about SNMP and getResponse-PDU

    I am completely new to SNMP and ASN.1.

    Can someone please help me with some syntax? I am trying to learn
    this stuff on my own and need some help with an exercise.

    Using GetResponse-PDUs create the SNMP message sequense for:
    System Information: 192.168.0.1
    IP Address: 192.168.0.1
    System Name:
    System Description: ?linux?
    System Contact:
    System Location: ?NY?
    System Object ID:
    System Up Time: 1000000

    Any help any one can give me would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

  2. Re: question about SNMP and getResponse-PDU

    "Adam Murray" wrote in message
    news:d13d5808.0310231652.18cf669c@posting.google.c om...
    > I am completely new to SNMP and ASN.1.
    >
    > Can someone please help me with some syntax? I am trying to learn
    > this stuff on my own and need some help with an exercise.
    >
    > Using GetResponse-PDUs create the SNMP message sequense for:
    > System Information: 192.168.0.1
    > IP Address: 192.168.0.1
    > System Name:
    > System Description: ?linux?
    > System Contact:
    > System Location: ?NY?
    > System Object ID:
    > System Up Time: 1000000
    >
    > Any help any one can give me would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks!

    So you just have to create a request PDU so that you can get the above
    mentioned information ( which falls in .1.3.6.1.2.1.1... ) in response.
    Where exactly do you need help in there ?

+ Reply to Thread