I know it is a faq... - SNMP

This is a discussion on I know it is a faq... - SNMP ; .... but I can't resolve my problem. I tried the toaster example. - I have compiled the files - I have registered the DLL - I have compiled the toaster.mib Here the first problem. I compiled in this way: mibcc ...

  1. I know it is a faq...

    .... but I can't resolve my problem.
    I tried the toaster example.
    - I have compiled the files
    - I have registered the DLL
    - I have compiled the toaster.mib
    Here the first problem. I compiled in this way:
    mibcc -cmibbin smi.bin lmmib2.mib mib_ii.mib toaster.mib
    It gave me a syntax error on line 9. The last token is "internet"

    I tried to go on anyway and tested it snmputil with this command:
    snmputil walk localhost public .1.3.6.1.4.1.77.2
    It returns only "End on Mib subtree".

    What did I wrong?

    Thanks to all, Gionni

  2. Re: I know it is a faq...

    "Gionni" wrote in message
    news:d96ed82b.0310150730.2d6bf104@posting.google.c om...
    > ... but I can't resolve my problem.
    > I tried the toaster example.
    > - I have compiled the files
    > - I have registered the DLL
    > - I have compiled the toaster.mib
    > Here the first problem. I compiled in this way:
    > mibcc -cmibbin smi.bin lmmib2.mib mib_ii.mib toaster.mib
    > It gave me a syntax error on line 9. The last token is "internet"
    >
    > I tried to go on anyway and tested it snmputil with this command:
    > snmputil walk localhost public .1.3.6.1.4.1.77.2
    > It returns only "End on Mib subtree".
    >
    > What did I wrong?

    Hi Gionni,

    I've just been tearing my hair out doing this too. I've just got the
    answer from a Microsoft HOW-TO.

    Windows 2000 mibcc.exe doesn't need SMI.MIB included so take that out and it
    works fine. I've got the Toaster example working, hopefully I can make my
    own Agent work now...

    HTH
    Graeme Griffiths,
    Image Processing Techniques Ltd
    United Kingdom.

  3. Re: I know it is a faq...

    "Graeme Griffiths" wrote in message news:<3f900fa4$0$117$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net>...

    > Windows 2000 mibcc.exe doesn't need SMI.MIB included so take that out and it
    > works fine. I've got the Toaster example working, hopefully I can make my
    > own Agent work now...

    Thank you, Graeme. Now my problem is changed :-(.
    The walk command should send traps, but it seems nobody listen to it.
    I started snmputil but it does not work.

    Thanks again, Gionni

+ Reply to Thread