Simple, useful tool needed - SNMP

This is a discussion on Simple, useful tool needed - SNMP ; Hi! I'm querying google for too long by now, so I have to ask here. I need simple, useful, monitoring tool to do some easy monitoring stuff... I'm looking for something compact but with no success.. I need something that ...

  1. Simple, useful tool needed

    Hi!

    I'm querying google for too long by now, so I have to ask here.
    I need simple, useful, monitoring tool to do some easy monitoring
    stuff... I'm looking for something compact but with no success..

    I need something that work on linux box and let me monitor winnt
    boxes. I need to keep an eye on thresholds on interfaces. And that is
    the goal. No more. If threshold has been exceeded - the notification
    is sent. It would be great if such tool will use trap mechanism. The
    tool should work with smallest possible delay - 1 second to 10 seconds
    is acceptable (it should allow to query hosts as often as possible).

    Or the other way - is there any tool for winnt that could monitor
    traffic thresholds and send traps or any other notifications ? (sms,
    email.. ) It must be freeware, simple to install (as service would be
    great), and resource-friendly.

    I've got Nagios already. Maybe there is any way to get it working with
    traffic thresholds on selected interfaces via SNMP ?

    Help me. I'm desperated.

    Greets,
    Tomek

  2. Re: Simple, useful tool needed

    Tryed net-snmp? For notifications traptoemail is installed with it. I am
    working on similiar project. I have also made bash scripts to run snmpget
    commands on certain oids and send it to log trying to find away to filter
    log and send notifications if trap events change.
    "Zenon Bombalina" wrote in message
    news:46d04e77.0310140120.14ed79cd@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm querying google for too long by now, so I have to ask here.
    > I need simple, useful, monitoring tool to do some easy monitoring
    > stuff... I'm looking for something compact but with no success..
    >
    > I need something that work on linux box and let me monitor winnt
    > boxes. I need to keep an eye on thresholds on interfaces. And that is
    > the goal. No more. If threshold has been exceeded - the notification
    > is sent. It would be great if such tool will use trap mechanism. The
    > tool should work with smallest possible delay - 1 second to 10 seconds
    > is acceptable (it should allow to query hosts as often as possible).
    >
    > Or the other way - is there any tool for winnt that could monitor
    > traffic thresholds and send traps or any other notifications ? (sms,
    > email.. ) It must be freeware, simple to install (as service would be
    > great), and resource-friendly.
    >
    > I've got Nagios already. Maybe there is any way to get it working with
    > traffic thresholds on selected interfaces via SNMP ?
    >
    > Help me. I'm desperated.
    >
    > Greets,
    > Tomek

+ Reply to Thread