how do I find the current status of an RFC - SNMP

This is a discussion on how do I find the current status of an RFC - SNMP ; Hello, Sorry to ask a stupid question and rather generic question. Is there a easy way to find the status of an RFC (perhaps a simple search by RFC)? For example I want to find out whether a paticular RFC ...

  1. how do I find the current status of an RFC

    Hello,

    Sorry to ask a stupid question and rather generic question.

    Is there a easy way to find the status of an RFC
    (perhaps a simple search by RFC)?

    For example I want to find out whether a paticular RFC (ex. 2576)
    is obsolete or not and which the lastest RFC replaces that
    one, without going through standards.

    Thanks

    Jeeva.

  2. Re: how do I find the current status of an RFC

    Check the RFC index at: http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html

    The index lists the current status and, if obsolete, the number of the
    RFC that replaces it, and numbers of RFCs that it replaces, etc.

    In article ,
    someone@somewhere.com says...

    --
    Michael Kirkham